“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. …[H]ave the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary.”
– Steve Jobs
Recently I shared with you a powerful story about the life regrets of the dying.
The number one regret on the list was:
I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
Here’s the honest truth (and some would say dirty secret) if you want to avoid that regret:
You have to be selfish with your time.
Now that doesn’t mean you have to be immature, or always think about only me – or that you have to do things that affect other people negatively.
But you’ve got to decide for yourself how your time is spent.
You only have so many hours in the day.
- If you want to be in better health you have to make taking care of your health a priority.
- If you wish you spent more time with family, YOU have to make your family a priority.
If you have been wishing for the past few years that you could write a novel, or fix up your home, or work on a side project…guess who is responsible for making time in your life for it?
You’ve got to be selfish with what you choose to focus your time and energy on.
And sometimes, that means you have to make tough choices and give things up.
I’ll talk more about that in a future article.
But for today – pick something that matters to you that you are not spending enough time on.
And then try some of these strategies to find time for it:
Join The Action Solution
I’ve been studying how to get more out of my own abilities and my own life for two decades. I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from books, working on myself and working with clients and put it into The Action Solution.
Personal Development Articles
- Inspirational Quotes About Life
- Lincoln Jordan and other “Famous Failures”
- Best Personal Development Books
- The Harvard 3% Written Goal Study
- Covey’s Time Management Matrix
- How to Stop Wasting Time Online
- How To Get Motivated Motivational Tips Techniques
- Speaking in Public Guide to Overcome Public Speaking Anxiety
- Life Rules: Rules For Life