“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
– Steve Jobs
After hearing about Steve Jobs passing, I dug through my journals looking for the entry I wrote when I watched Steve Jobs 2005 commencement speech for the first time.
Here is part of what I wrote.
“One Day” Is All You Have
Don’t you dare compromise on chasing your dreams because of your fear of consequences or upsetting others
Nobody has to live with the regrets of not knowing but you.
Do not ever accept that it is just “one day” or that you can start tomorrow.
“One day”, today, this moment, this life – this is all you have.
Your life is but a series of “one day” followed by another – own, cherish, and take responsibility for each one.
For they are too few, they are unique,
And they are passing faster than you think.
Taken from Sid’s Journal Entries.
Advanced Training Program Available
Would you like to take control of your life? Do you want to start taking action, and living a life doing the things that matter to you? If you’re interested in that, and would like advanced training from me, please click here for more details to learn about how to take control of your life – today.
You May Also Enjoy…
- I also reference Steve Jobs in my start page, Value Your Time
- Today Is Your Golden Ticket
- The Path, The Opportunity, Is Only Here For Today
- Stop Waiting For Your Life To Begin
- You Are The Something You’ve Been Waiting For
Personal Development Articles
- Inspirational Quotes About Life
- Lincoln Jordan and other “Famous Failures”
- Best Personal Development Books
- The Harvard 3% Written Goal Study
- Covey’s Time Management Matrix
- How to Stop Wasting Time Online
- How To Get Motivated Motivational Tips Techniques
- Speaking in Public Guide to Overcome Public Speaking Anxiety
- Life Rules: Rules For Life