“If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be
We’re all okay,
And not to worry
Cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these.”
What is the single most important lesson you have learned in your life? Imagine that the entire world stopped, and for a moment everyone was looking to you for the answers.
- Imagine that you had 10 seconds, and a single sentence to share to sum up the most important thing you’ve learned in all your time on this earth.
- Imagine giving advice to your students, your children, your friends.
- Imagine that the words you said would be etched in their brains forever and help guide them in their life.
- Imagine that you could go back in time and tell your younger self just one lesson to help them (you) make the most of your life.
What would you say? What is is the single most important lesson you have learned in your life?
I spent a long time this weekend reflecting on this question – and today, I am going to share my answer with you.
The Most Important Lesson I Have Ever Learned
The single most important lesson I’ve ever learned is this…
“Have faith that your efforts will be rewarded.”
That’s it. Now that may sound like a productivity lesson, but to me it’s really a recipe for happiness and success.
- Have faith in meritocracy, that you efforts will be rewarded
- Have faith in people, that your efforts will be rewarded
- Have faith in justice, that your efforts will be rewarded
- Have faith in karma, that your efforts will be rewarded
To me, this isn’t some rose colored, idealistic view of the world. I believe that it is this attitude that is at the foundation of every positive thing I have ever done in my life, and of every positive thing that has happened in my life. Success, luck, love, connection, it all comes back to this simple lesson -
Have faith that your efforts will be rewarded.
And with that lesson, with that mindset, as your go forth on your life journey
- Do the things you’ve always wanted to do.
- Say the things you’ve always wanted to say.
- Be who you’ve always wanted to be
- Live the way you’ve always wanted to live
And above all, when you are discouraged, when you are down, always remember to have faith that your efforts will be rewarded.
That’s the most important lesson I’ve learned, and all I have to share with you today.
“Fare forward, voyagers.”
– T.S. Eliot
This isn’t the end – it’s only the beginning. If this article has struck a chord with you, first please tell someone else about it. Tweet it out, email it to a friend, send someone a message or an IM – they’ll be glad you did.
Second, here’s a hand picked selection of articles to continue with similar themes and lessons that you’ll enjoy. Check them out, and if you haven’t already done so, make sure you get your free copy of personal development 101.
- You Are The Something You’ve Been Waiting For
- There Is No Secret To Success (Except This)
- Life Regrets Of The Dying – How To Live Life With No Regrets
- Famous Failures
- It’s Not About What You Get Out of Life
- Being The Change You Wish To See In The World – 3 Inspirational Examples
- 10 Essential Rules For Living Your Best Life
- Today Is Your Golden Ticket
- You Can’t Start a Fire…
- Choosing Your Own Life’s Adventure
Read These Popular Articles Now:
|How to Stop Worrying About What You’re NOT Doing||A Software Engineer’s Guide To Speaking With Non-Technical Managers||You Can’t Start a Fire…|